Thanks to Claire Donegan for the great photos.
With the Nipper, Junior and Youth openwater competition scheduled for the 22nd August (Nippers) and 23rd August (Juniors/ Youths) at Rossnowlagh beach, Co. Donegal here is some information regarding the competition day.
1. The competition will commence sharply at 9:30 a.m. therefore we would ask that all competitors travelling to compete to be at the beach and ready to compete at 9:00 a.m. to check in with coaches and allow for a suitable warm up etc. The day will be busy with a lot of events to get through so the start of events will not be delayed.
2. For those of you unfamiliar with Rossnowlagh beach, click here for directions
3. All competitors must be registered members of IWS.
4. County team hats or county skull caps are mandatory.
5. IWS issued high visibility rash vests are mandatory for water events – please note that orders for rash vests are to be confirmed at Nipper training this coming Wednesday 19th August 2015.
6. Nipper boards mandatory – Soft top only.
7. Age as on the day of the Nationals. (Sat 5th of September)
8.Individual Age Groups. (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
9. 2 Relay Age Groups. (8-11 & 12-14) No mixed relays. (Gender or Age)
10. Top 5 individuals in each individual event & top 3 in each relay event to go through to the National Championships from Connaught/Ulster & Leinster.
11. To assist the host counties in the setting up and running of these competitions and so that volunteers are not over loaded, each county entering must supply 5 helpers outside of any referees that are attending for each of the competitions. We are suggesting that each county get 10 people and split the day between them i.e. 5 for the first half and 5 for the 2nd half.
Of course if there are any additional helpers available on the day this would also be appreciated. Please advise if you are in a position to volunteer to assist on the day.
Surf Race; Board Race; Swim with Fins; Taplin Relay.
15m Flags; 50m Sprints; Sprint Relay.
Thanks and kind regards
Sligo Surflifesaving Club
Just a few updates:
1. Due to Leaving Cert results this Wednesday a number of our coaches are unavailable for nipper training, therefore Nipper training is rescheduled to Monday 10th August @ 7.00 pm. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. The best of luck to our Coaches. Junior training will continue on Wednesday evening at 7:15pm as usual.
2. The regional competition for nippers will take place on Saturday 22nd August @ 9.00 am in Rossnowlagh, Co. Donegal. Entries need to be submitted by 6.00 pm on Sunday 9th August, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org asap confirming if your child(ren) are competing. Entry fee for competition is already covered in your registration fee. All competitors are strictly required to be registered as competitor members of Irish Water Safety before the day of competition. Should you fail to register you will not be allowed to compete on the day. Please follow this link to register, cost of IWS membership is also covered in original fee.
3. As per previous emails, Irish Water Safety have recently advised of a new compulsory requirement for all competitors to wear competition rash vest while competing. Rash vests will be ordered for all competitors through the club directly from IWS. There is an additional fee of €15 for the rash vest, details for ordering to follow.
4. Please note if your child qualifies in the regional competition the National Competition will be held in Tramore, Co. Waterford on Saturday 5th September, 2015.
Sligo Surf Lifesaving Committee.